[Elfsea] Barony of Elfsea Archery Report Ending 2008

Daniel Foster lorddaniel50 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 18 13:03:50 PST 2008

Since taking office September 2007 I spent the first 12 months locating a suitable location for archery practice offering a good, clean and safe site. On August 18, 2008 Elfsea Archery Marshal, Lord Daniel O`Ceileachair received a confirmed  agreement with the Longhorn Council of Boy Scout stating the use of Camp Shuman (location) in Fort Worth/Lake Worth area granting the use of their camp grounds to practice archery on the 1st and 3rd Sunday each month.

The first practice took place September 7th with the last practice held December 7, 2008. I have averaged 21 good gentles at each practice with an average of 17 archers shooting each practice. That is an 80% participation with each archery practice. I have also received archers form the Barony of Stepps, Shire of Loch Ruadh, and the Canton of Glaslyn to practice. To date I have received positive comments from other archers and archery marshals in the nothern and southern parts of the kingdom (via Ansteorra archery list) acknowledging the Barony of Elfsea's revived bimonthly archery practice within the Ansteorra kingdom's archery community. During this time, the archery buget was exspanded by popular vote to  increase the 2009 budget to purchase 4 new target butts to replace the aging grass matt butts. Lord Daniel drove to the manufacturer, picked up the target butts, and delivered them to Elfsea at no charge to the Barony.

My goal for the 2009 archery program is to continue field shooting practice with one-on-one assistance, shooting a Royal Round each month with score reporting to the kingdom RR score keeper and shoot 1 IKAC each quarter with scores reporting. I will also begin teaching all types of archery classes. These classes will include safety, types of bows and arrows, how to select the corret type of bow and arrow for one's use. I would like to conduct a bow and arrow making classe to include the making of bow strings, leather bracers and archer's garb.

My objective is that archers come to practice wearing period garb when possible
so they may become more proficent at shooting while in period garb as this is the style of dress used for event shoots.

In Service to the Dream,
Lord Daniel O`Ceileachair
Barony of Elfsae Archery Marshal