[Elfsea] Sail Homeschool Demo, March 29, 2008- teachers/artisans needed ( pardon the bandwidth)

Judie Willey littledragon0861 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 14:06:47 PST 2008

Greetings unto the lists,

After our planning meeting last night, it was decided that we will have an
SCA101 class in the morning, followed by a brief court and lunch, with
classes, free form arts demos and fighting to take place after lunch.

We can hold up to 12 classes ( 3 per hour) during the afternoon, each in
it's own pavillion.

If you are able to teach a class, please send me the following information
asap.

the time slot you would like to schedule for ( 1st and 2nd choice) , how
many you are comfortable teaching, any supplies the students can bring
themselves or cost of classs/donations, how long you class will take, any
age restrictions for the class.

While we understand that some people are not comfortable working with small
children, we would like to offer a variety of classes to attract all ages.

Some suggestions are: Basic  drop spinning, basic blackwork embroidery,
fletching, basic weaving, calligraphy, dance, foods in period.

We have the following:

Making a scroll
Heraldry Basics
Basic herbalism
Court Dance
Finger loop weaving
Kumihimo (sp?) weaving
Making boffer weapons
The art of Bocce
Middle Eastern Dance
Throwing and Handbuilding pots

We also need artisans with static displays, who are willing to just "demo"
an art in free form  displays rather than set classes.

As we will be printing handouts as well as putting the information in both
the Steppes letter, on the website and in the SAIL newsletter, I need the
information asap, preferably before 2/25/08, and an idea of approxmatley how
many people we will have participating as SAIL is being kind enough to
provide us with lunch.

YIS

--
Rebbe Hadassah Sarai bas Yossi