[Elfsea] Joint fighter practice

Sir Morgan Buchanan morganbuchanan at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 20 12:11:41 PST 2008

I speak in this instance for nobody but myself, just wanted to give you a
few thoughts.

A few years back when HE Daire and I were the respective KM's of these two
Baronies, we thought and researched on this subject a great deal, and looked
at a lot of parks in the 380 area trying to find something kind of in the
middle for such an endevor.

We also probably held more than an average number of joint practices, trying
to alternate between the two baronies on a monthly basis.

It worked occasionally, but not exceptionally well.  What happened was on
the "travel" weeks, each barony would have about 1/2 of their regular
fighters simply not make the trek to the "other side" so the joint practice
wasn't really exceptionally larger.  I think the familiarity of having it
made it less desirable, but that's mere speculation on my part.

I think joint practices are fantastic, and I'd LOVE to have 20 or more
people to fight every week.  But the metroplex is so large that I think if
we try to get a joint practice too regularily, we'll just cause a fair
number of fighters to go to less practices a month.

In my opinion, and it's opinion only, the best solution for joint practices
is 4-6 joint practices a YEAR, scheduled well in advance, avoiding the worst
months like December.

We know from our recent experience of the regional pracitce that these are
fairly popular and can be well attended.  I think the key is to do them at
good times, and not let them get too pedestrian....until the get the
transport tubes installed.  Then NO EXCUSES FOR MISSING PRACTICE!  :)

Again, just my thoughts, and I'll support whatever our Baronies decide to
try, and I'll do my level best to make it work.

Sir Morgan