[Elfsea] Notes from Business Meeting

Tomas Niallagain siortomas at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 19:23:41 PST 2008


Just a note of clarity to HL Hanna post.  The change to the Kingdom Calendar
is currently a proposal, and in the proposal the Crown tourney 2 weeks after
Coronation is only once to facilitate the transition to the new schedule.
The proposed new schedule basically will result in Crown Tourney and
Coronation being swapped on the calendar.  (ie Crown in Jan & Jul,
Coronation in Apr & Nov)

Sior Tomas
ps Thank you Hanna for the summery of the meeting

On Jan 25, 2008 10:34 PM, Deana Covel Whitney <dmcovel79 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
>  Below are the notes I took at the Business Meeting.
> It's a long post since attachments won't go to the
> list.  Hope to see people at Moot on Monday.
>
> In Service,
>  HL Hanna von Dahl
>  MoAS - Elfsea
>
> Elfsea Business Meeting: Jan. 21, 2008
>
> Elfsea got all thumbs up at Red Tape and several extra
> Kudos from the greater officers of state.  The only
> outstanding issue was from 12th Night, but it was
> already being resolved.
>
> Officer Reports:
> Schenical is going last because of all the other
> business from Red Tape
>
> Treasurer – Have money, End of the Year reports are
> all buy finished and will turned into the Kingdom
> officer in time.  12th night made money.
>
> Chamberlain – Have stuff, will have shed cleaning /
> sorting day before Crown in April.
>
> Hospitaler – All is good, but could really use a
> deputy.
>
> Chronicler – New chronicler is Ayren.  Regional let
> her know last week.  Need reports from the officers,
> so far the Trolls have been busy.  Sunday before Moot
> is the official release date of the Tidings.
>
> Herald – Open for bids and have one so far.
>
> Historian – Need a bid for office, B&B have all the
> files
>
> Knight Marshal – (Given via cell phone) Low turn out
> the last month, weather is a factor and so is the lack
> of Chivalry that has been in attendance. Will stay at
> Veterans Park for the next 3-4 months.
>
> Rapier Marshal – Not there, could not reach via phone
> HL Rixende gave report as the Central Regional Rapier
> Marshal – will be having a Central regional Academy
> for Rapier in October.  Need teachers and help
> staffing the event.
>
> Archery Marshal – New target faces are here.  Having a
> problem fining a site to shoot. Need to get the IKAC
> scores for Gulf Wars, some are planed for in the
> Steppes area. B&B – can / will open their place for
> practice if needed.
>
> A&S – January's class had a turn out of 9 for
> nailbinding. Have placed official bid to become
> Central Regional A&S, if get it will need to step
> down. Still looking for someone to take over as
> Scribal Guild leader.
> February's night will be a work night to get the Gulf
> War gifts together.
> Discussed what the Elfsea gifts will be – will now
> only be giving gifts to one kingdom – Atenveldt.
> B&B decided on small largess items that the royals can
> give out during their term.
>
> Minister of Children – Have a bid
>
> Seneschal –
> •       Demo Coordinator – NEED a bid - Two demos coming up
> this year so far.  Encourages someone to work with
> Caeida on the Highland games to learn how to run it.
> •       NEEDS copies of all reports sent to the Regionals.
> •       All deputies and officers HAVE to have their
> memberships current. If you have drop dead deputy,
> they must be warrantable.
> •       Elfsea given props for being having a "viable"
> officer core. (Offices are taken over by new people,
> not just traded between the same five people. Was an
> issue in the West and with several other groups.)
> •       At Defender a new Member at Large for the Finical
> committee will need to be chosen.
> •       NO bids for Defender as of yet.  CLOSES Monday.
> *Warning, if there are no bid the B&B will be
> autocrats – this is not a good thing.*
> •       All YOUTH marshals must be warranted and have had
> the background check.
> •       Groups must have Youth marshal to host any official
> youth fighting events.
>
> B&B –
> Want to have Passage of Arms / small baronial college
> one weekend.  Might be at their house, because this
> will be a small local even to choice a new baronial
> guard.  Trying to have it for free, look for it in
> February.
>
> Red Tape Summary –
> Kingdom is operating the in RED.  Trying to find ways
> to operate more profitably.
>   One thing Elfsea will do is pay for all its event
> announcements, rather than use one of its free event
> announcements.
>
> The Calendar in CHANGING. Now we will have crown
> tourney two weeks after Coronation, so that there are
> heirs for both Gulf War and Pennsic War.
>
> Spring Fair Autocrat –
> Working with the B&B on Sunday to figure out the
> schedule.
> Website is basic right now, but created, will be
> linking it to the Kingdom calendar soon.
> Theme is a Spring Fair, what to set it up like a real
> Fair.
> Rapier Tournament will be Guardian of the Gauntlet, HL
> Dirk the Just will be running it. Might draw the Queen
> in that case.
> A&S Championship will be one item made within the last
> two years.
>
>
>
> 'Tourists don't know where they've been; Travelers don't know where
> they're going!' - Paul Theroux
>
>
>
>  ____________________________________________________________________________________
> Looking for last minute shopping deals?
> Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.
> http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping
> _______________________________________________
> Elfsea mailing list
> Elfsea at lists.ansteorra.org
> http://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/elfsea-ansteorra.org
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.ansteorra.org/pipermail/elfsea-ansteorra.org/attachments/20080126/06e44fcc/attachment.html 


More information about the Elfsea mailing list