[Elfsea] rumors

William Arwemakere kingdom.protector at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 24 18:23:30 PDT 2008

It's very true. We did it for several years, but with recent security
changes, the program was discontinued.

The "Tatonka" training sessions gave the riot team a chance to actually use
their batons against opponents who would fight back, and were actually
looking forward to getting hit. Some years they had the dogs deployed around
the edges to add some realism, as well as thrown axes to simulate bottles
and such.

I've heard many stories from people who fought there. Wraps were disallowed,
as the RCMP didn't know how to defend against them, and their helmets were
uber-expensive. A friend of mine fought two hand-axes, and surprised one
Mountie with a shield-hook and BLAM! In the face.

The second aspect that this training allowed for was to weed out any of the
squad who'd get a blood-lust and lose control. Even more important for them
than for us.

Too bad they never needed training against snipers...

William Arwemakere
Kingdom Protector, An Tir (Kinda like your Royal Huntsman, but combat
archery)