[Elfsea] Evening activties

eleanor cleavely whiteoakbard at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 17:17:52 PDT 2008

And yes, even Bardic competitions on Fridays can be cool, too! (That'll
learn me to read ALL words in the email bef0re posting!) Friday night
competitions can be "fun" or themed competitions. You could also have it as
a warm-up Bardic and make it a requirement that competitors attend both
Friday and Saturday night Bardics (Friday to get the
instructions/challenges, Saturday to actually compete).

One thing, though, that I don't like is a daytime Bardic competition. I am a
firm believer that Bardic is better by firelight. It also helps those who
are a bit put-off by crowds such as first-time bards. The firelight gives
them a bit of "protection" from the crowd, as it were.

I want to see many more Bardics happen in this Barony, and vow to make sure
I host as many as I can while I am Bard of Elfsea and continue that work as
Guildhead of the Bardic Guild. We've talked a great deal about change on
this list the past few days. Bardic is one of those things that needs some
change right about now.

Who's with me?
Eleanor Cleavely

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 9:40 PM, willowjonbardc at juno.com <
willowjonbardc at juno.com> wrote:

> I was please to see Baron Armoud ideas. I some data.
> This is not intented to be negative it is just my collected knowledge about
> things done on Friday.
>
> The Steppes used to have a Tavern that opened up Friday night. It had
> dancers who performed for the people and entertainers This was the only
> planned thing and it was in the open and you could see the lights from
> troll.
>
> I have seen a Coffee house that work and it also had performers that were
> recrutied before the event.
>
> Namron had a hospitality Pavilion that served tea and coffee amd stuff and
> had some treats. Again they had planned entertainment.
>
> I have been to one Friday night Tournament. The only problem was that the
> tourney was advertise as a Midnight tournament but they had it earlier. I
> got there at Midnight and there were about 10 fighters and a bunch of
> watchers for the tournament. If you are going to have a late night tourney
> make sure to have it when you say. I liked midnight.
>
> I have never seen a Bardic competition come off that was planned for Friday
> night. If any of you have please chime in.
>
> I have seen clinch a wench and capture the flag and red rover be played on
> Friday night with success.
>
> Here is my data I hope it helps.
> willow

"Mine honor is my life; both grow in one;
take honor from me and my life is done."
--William Shakespeare

Ego existo obstinantus - I am resolved

Reluctor ultum , pareo parum - Resist much, obey little