[Elfsea] [Ansteorra] Life is Good in Elsea!!!

pcrandal at sbcglobal.net pcrandal at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 10 21:15:52 PDT 2008

Nits and picks.
You spelled Olde Phart wrong.

Other than that you are good, and helping prove
what I have told others as well.

Crandall, Olde Phart

--- Gustav Minnesinger <synrik at earthlink.net>
wrote:

> Yep . . . . You heard me.  Life is Good in
> Elsea!!!
>
> No, I am not going over the edge or around the
> bend; but I do mean it with all my heart.
>
> To all of those outside of the Barony who have
> taken a interest in the ‘tiffs’ that have
> been going on over the last couple of weeks,
> just might think that this is the normal state
> of things or that we are burning the house down
> around our ears.  But that is not the case; not
> by a long shot.
>
> Elfsea is one big Family.
>
> Complete with it’s own egos, dysfunctions,
> knee-biters, Old Farts, Drama Queens,
> Crumb-snatchers, Jocks, Princesses, Wantabees,
> Hasbeens, Hard workers, Hard Drinkers, Party
> Girls, Boy Scouts, Addicts, Monks, Geeks,
> Freeks and Plain Old Uncle Ted who scares us.
> We’ve got Hippies and Yuppies, people who
> throw mud and people glad to dish it back.
> We’ve got bar fights and table dancing.  Yep,
> we’ve got it all and we’re looking for
> more!!!
>
> And Thanksgiving around here could leave you
> scared for life.
>
> “We lived like that "Happy Family" you
> sometimes see in traveling zoos: a lion caged
> with a lamb. It is a startling exhibit but the
> lamb has to be replaced frequently.” [Have
> Space Suit - Will Travel (1958), Robert A.
> Heinlein]
>
> But it all works out:  we vent and gripe, we
> inspire and throw mud.  But when the dust
> settles, we get it done.  Sometimes in new ways
> and sometimes in old, sometimes inspired and
> sometimes by the seat of our pants.  But we
> know where are bothers and sisters hearts are.
> We know that with a couple of calls, and maybe
> a scream for help; things will come together
> and everything will be alright.
>
> We’ve got some excellent people here with
> decades of wisdom and talent out the wazoo.
> But we get a little grumpy from time to time
> and perhaps a little tired as well.  Have a
> little patience with us; it will all be right
> in the end.
>
> To those who are saying that things are
> exploding and the world is coming to an end,
> that the Barony is coming apart and nothing can
> be fixed.  I disagree.  This scuffle ain’t
> nothing to some of the knock downs we’ve had
> in the past.
>
> “We’ve got Big Dreams and even Broader
> Shoulders.  We welcome all, and no one
> wants.”  That about sums up Elfsea in a
> phrase.  But as a family, sometimes we just
> have to get things out in the open and let each
> other know that we’ve been poked once too
> often.
>
> I’m not apologizing nor trying to play it
> down.  I’m just trying to explain it to
> others who may be seeing these proceedings for
> the first time, that this is not a bad thing.
> And in fact, is normal and good for us to get
> this out of our system: it is cathartic and
> inspirational.
>
> Our family is strong and varied . . . Life is
> good in Elfsea!!!

> [...]

"In all life one should comfort the afflicted, but verily, also, one should
afflict the comfortable, and especially when they are comfortably,
contentedly, even happily wrong."
-John Kenneth Galbraith