[Elfsea] Burleson Library Demo Thank You and Some other stuff

Jasper captain_jasperc at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 8 09:25:21 PDT 2008

Greetings All,

   I would like to send a personal thank you to whom ever was in charge of setting up and running this AWESOME demo! Though the mundane turnout was not as high as we may have hoped, the Barony came together for a grand display of everthing we do. Everyone was in garb, there were 6 fighters in armor and the display tables looked great! All in all it was a great job by the organizers and the populace.
   Thank you to those fighters who answered my challenge and fought against me with two handed swords....my bruises look great!
   As many know I am originally from Bonwicke, when I was playing there we used to do these mini-tourney's once a month. We would pick a calander day that we knew would draw the most fighters from the region and each time a different fighter from the group would host the lists. Each fighter being of a different persona would style the tournament after his time period. This is not to say that the fighter was autocrat..they just over saw the fighting and made sure a small prize was gifted to the victor. Everyone would come in garb, pot luck their favorite dish and drinks and those who wanted to set up pavilions would do so. With banners and pavilions on display, drummers drumming and bards telling tall tales, we would attract quite a few onlookers who might not have noticed us other wise. At the end of the lists we would even have a small court. Each time we did this mini-tourney we grew as a Barony and as a company of friends. Our camaraderie was
 strengthened and OUR Dream was realised if only for a few hours one Sunday afternoon a month. I think the Barony of Elfsea could use some fellowship and camaraderie. What are your thoughts? Who would be interested in doing something like this? Anyone?

In Service to Christ and Crown
Jasper C.