[Elfsea] [Ansteorra] Life is Good in Elsea!!!

Gustav Minnesinger synrik at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 10 21:02:43 PDT 2008

Yep . . . . You heard me.  Life is Good in Elsea!!!

No, I am not going over the edge or around the bend; but I do mean it with all my heart.

To all of those outside of the Barony who have taken a interest in the ‘tiffs’ that have been going on over the last couple of weeks, just might think that this is the normal state of things or that we are burning the house down around our ears.  But that is not the case; not by a long shot.

Elfsea is one big Family.

Complete with it’s own egos, dysfunctions, knee-biters, Old Farts, Drama Queens, Crumb-snatchers, Jocks, Princesses, Wantabees, Hasbeens, Hard workers, Hard Drinkers, Party Girls, Boy Scouts, Addicts, Monks, Geeks, Freeks and Plain Old Uncle Ted who scares us.  We’ve got Hippies and Yuppies, people who throw mud and people glad to dish it back.  We’ve got bar fights and table dancing.  Yep, we’ve got it all and we’re looking for more!!!

And Thanksgiving around here could leave you scared for life.

“We lived like that "Happy Family" you sometimes see in traveling zoos: a lion caged with a lamb. It is a startling exhibit but the lamb has to be replaced frequently.” [Have Space Suit - Will Travel (1958), Robert A. Heinlein]

But it all works out:  we vent and gripe, we inspire and throw mud.  But when the dust settles, we get it done.  Sometimes in new ways and sometimes in old, sometimes inspired and sometimes by the seat of our pants.  But we know where are bothers and sisters hearts are.  We know that with a couple of calls, and maybe a scream for help; things will come together and everything will be alright.

We’ve got some excellent people here with decades of wisdom and talent out the wazoo.  But we get a little grumpy from time to time and perhaps a little tired as well.  Have a little patience with us; it will all be right in the end.

To those who are saying that things are exploding and the world is coming to an end,  that the Barony is coming apart and nothing can be fixed.  I disagree.  This scuffle ain’t nothing to some of the knock downs we’ve had in the past.

“We’ve got Big Dreams and even Broader Shoulders.  We welcome all, and no one wants.”  That about sums up Elfsea in a phrase.  But as a family, sometimes we just have to get things out in the open and let each other know that we’ve been poked once too often.

I’m not apologizing nor trying to play it down.  I’m just trying to explain it to others who may be seeing these proceedings for the first time, that this is not a bad thing.  And in fact, is normal and good for us to get this out of our system: it is cathartic and inspirational.

Our family is strong and varied . . . Life is good in Elfsea!!!

Thank you for your patience one and all.

"There are people who say I have never really done anything wrong in my life; of course, they only say it behind my back." ---Oscar Wilde