[Elfsea] Sewing & the current issue

Luciana Caterina di Borghese dolce.luce at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 13:19:04 PDT 2008

On 6/5/08, Miss M Brow <starstruck503 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Nobody in this group has made any effort to get to know me.  I have tried
> to make friends with various people, yet I feel like I am at best welcomed
> as an extra set of hands.  I have no friend in the group to take me around
> the way a lot of newbies do, and it is extremely hard for me to reach out.
> Without the occasional instance of someone in the group reaching out to *me*
> it feels as though I am and always will be an outsider.  A great deal of
> this is only my perception, it is not backed up by the way I am treated, but
> nonetheless it is still all one-sided.  I am the one who has been trying to
> connect with the group for the past two years, and it is still not
> reciprocal.

My Lady, please accept my apologies for my own inattentiveness. I have had a
lot on my plate for some time now. I am finally starting to get my
head towards the top of the water level in my own little pond.

You are right in your observations, I fear. There was a good gentle and his
lady that came to several moots a while back. I was the only person I ever
saw talking to them. They were more than eager to become involved in things,
but they stopped coming when people did not speak with them or interact with
them.

Just sitting there, alone, can be difficult at best.

I have to remember, though, that when I joined the barony, all kinds of
invitations were offered to me. It was difficult at times to choose which
gatherings to go to. People went out of their way to be friendly and
sociable to me.

I do not know why I was so lucky, and others were not. I do know that a
friendship takes two. I know that now, when I am not spoken to, it is
usually because I did not speak to others first, or did not open myself up
to having people talk to me.

You get what you put into things. Thank you for helping me to remember that.

I hope that you find what you are looking for
Luciana

--
В Обслуживании,
Леди Лучане Катерине де Боргезе

"If it's difficult we do it immediately.  If it's impossible it takes a
little longer.......  Miracles by appointment only"