[Elfsea] Sewing day

Daralynn Brittain elspeth013 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 10 09:28:07 PDT 2008

Fabric choices can be subjective.  What might be "proper" might not hold up in our great Texas weather.  My choice for my own Viking was linen.  My choice for any Greek/Roman is linen and lightweight, gauzy type cotton, I choose to make all three layers, so lighter is better.

We might hear from others on their choices, and experiences, and then you can decide which to bring.

It will be fun, and informational.

In Service,

Elspeth

Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:24:25 -0500From: cidsound at gmail.comTo: elfsea at lists.ansteorra.orgSubject: Re: [Elfsea] Sewing day
For the garb in focus how much material should be brought and what else is needed?

Leaving for a long journey and will be back the day before the sewing day so I need to get it all together, um - today!

Lady Irina

<snip> We are going to concentrate on patterns for Viking outfits and learning more about Greek/Roman for the hot summer months.  As usual, bring any project you are working on.  We will answer questions, help sew or just "gab". <snip>-- "My heart is red & sweet, and I know it is sweet because what ever passes near me puts out its tongue to me." --Sitting Bull