[Elfsea] Evening activties

eleanor cleavely whiteoakbard at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 17:32:32 PDT 2008

Yep, I am VERY familiar with the "Open Arms Bardic" from my time in
Atenveldt. I would LOVE to see that happen out here. Let me know what I can
do to help!

Eleanor

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 7:29 PM, Catrin ferch Maelgwn <ladycatrin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Very much with you on the need for more bardic, Lady Eleanor.  There's no
> such thing as too much bardic!
>
> At Lughnasad, I am planning on opening up my pavilion to any who wish to
> stop by for refreshment and spontaneous bouts of bardic activity throughout
> the weekend.  I'm hijacking the idea from some friends in Caid who have had
> great success with their "Open Arms Bardic Hall."  If there are enough
> people interested on Friday evening, a gathering there would be a lovely way
> to start the weekend off right.  I will post more details as the time draws
> nearer, but now's as good a time as any to say that everyone is welcome!
> I've been entertaining this idea for awhile, and if it winds up having any
> appeal at all, I would be happy to do it semi-regularly.
>
> -Catrin ferch Maelgwn
>

> On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 7:17 PM, eleanor cleavely <whiteoakbard at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> And yes, even Bardic competitions on Fridays can be cool, too! (That'll
>> learn me to read ALL words in the email bef0re posting!) Friday night
>> competitions can be "fun" or themed competitions. You could also have it as
>> a warm-up Bardic and make it a requirement that competitors attend both
>> Friday and Saturday night Bardics (Friday to get the
>> instructions/challenges, Saturday to actually compete).
>>
>> One thing, though, that I don't like is a daytime Bardic competition. I am
>> a firm believer that Bardic is better by firelight. It also helps those who
>> are a bit put-off by crowds such as first-time bards. The firelight gives
>> them a bit of "protection" from the crowd, as it were.
>>
>> I want to see many more Bardics happen in this Barony, and vow to make
>> sure I host as many as I can while I am Bard of Elfsea and continue that
>> work as Guildhead of the Bardic Guild. We've talked a great deal about
>> change on this list the past few days. Bardic is one of those things that
>> needs some change right about now.
>>
>> Who's with me?
>> Eleanor Cleavely

"Mine honor is my life; both grow in one;
take honor from me and my life is done."
--William Shakespeare

Ego existo obstinantus - I am resolved

Reluctor ultum , pareo parum - Resist much, obey little