[Elfsea] Elfsea Digest, Vol 26, Issue 48

eleanor cleavely whiteoakbard at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 06:33:47 PDT 2008

whoa.... *sits down like a little kid, eyes wide with wonder* I LOVE these
stories!!! More! More! MORE!!!!

Eleanor
Bard

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 12:01 AM, Chris Harper <bice at backroadsoftexas.com>
wrote:

> Greetings,
>

> While Crandal's simple explanation is accurate, you ask for elaboration.
> Possibly I can fill in a few gaps.
>

> First this dragon was head and neck above 6 ft tall and about 12 ft long,
> breathing fire and hissing when he entered the hall.  He was a real DRAGON
> in all aspects.  True, Prince Mikael was distracted when he entered and
> started up the center aisle; about two thirds of the way down the aisle, the
> dragon seemed to get a lump in his throat. With an animal's instinct, he
> coughed to clear his throat but only caused more fire to fill his nose
> instead of breathing it out.  Now, he was feeling the heat of the flames as
> a few brave souls jumped up to try to extinguish the fire and give him
> ease.
>

> Thinking they had succeeded and stepping back, the dragon coughed
>
> again with the same results.  Again they tried to put the flames out but to
> no avail.  The dragon began thrashing about and Prince Mikael, seeing the
> possible tragedy developing, leapt from the dais (a four foot stage) grabbed
>

> a wet towel and bravely threw it over the poor dragon's head and put out
> the flames.  The dragon backed out of the hall with the smoldering pieces
> leaving a trail of stench that definitely did not smell like chicken.
>

> Prince Mikael turned and strode back up to the dais, gave a Kingly wave to
> the crowd, spun around and resumed the coronation.  Needless to say the hall
> echoed with many Vivats and much applause.
>

> At least this is as I recalled seeing it,
>

> Bicé

"Mine honor is my life; both grow in one;
take honor from me and my life is done."
--William Shakespeare

Ego existo obstinantus - I am resolved

Reluctor ultum , pareo parum - Resist much, obey little