[Elfsea] geting older

willowjonbardc at juno.com willowjonbardc at juno.com
Tue Jun 3 00:02:18 PDT 2008

This getting older doesn't make sense. I have been in for 40 years and for the first 32 we had a no problem with "getting older". We had a whole range of ages. Ten years ago something happened. We started losing people. Young people would not stay and we started the 5 year life span. then we started having the age gap.

so what happened ten years ago. first we had the problem with all the knights swearing the stupid oath. Then we had the problems with Duke Michael and Master Daniel. Then the power of the Dukes were broken and for the first time in five years knights were being made that weren't sponsored by a duke or count. They lions of Ansteorra split in two groups over the lost of the Lion's Sword. Duke Inman and Duke Siegumd stopped being active. That year the bardic part of Gulf war was stopped and we had no performing arts at Kingdom A&S.

Somewhere around then we stopped stressing living in a historical manner and took to stressing documentation. The study of history became associated with paperwork.
Sometime during this period we started limiting calendar events.

We had just had the problems with the BOD and we lost a lot of people.

People help me.  Can you think of anything we stopped doing locally that might have caused this gap in our recruiting.
 Did we have this problem;m during Xene and Llewellyn or Galen's time as Baron/ess? I didn't think so but I wasn't active in the group too much.
Either something were doing stopped working or we stopped doing something. Lets brainstorm to figure this out.
Willow