[Elfsea] Dye Pot Class

pax2006 at comcast.net pax2006 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 9 12:44:02 PDT 2008

Greetings to all "Textile-Addict" Gentles Within this Realm~

This is a shameless plug for the Medieval Dye Pot class, to be held this Saturday at the King's College, hosted by the Barony of the Steppes. I understand the cost is more than you are probably used to paying, so I thought I'd send along a link to some wonderful PICTURES of what you will be doing and a list of what YOU GET out of the class for the $20.

You will each get 2 (3.5 oz.) soft 100% wool skeins (DK weight) of yarn that you have dyed.
You will each get one copy of YOUR VERY OWN of the Complete Anachronist #41, Dyestuffs.

You will get to dye your yarn in 2 of the 4 colors avavilable and for the more adventurous, even more color combos are available!

You will NOT have to buy any of the dyestuffs themselves OR mordants OR rubber gloves OR pots, buckets, drying racks, cookstoves or propane. All you have to do is show up and make sure to wear something grubby. Please, please sign up asap if you plan to attend! Registration is limited due to the intensive nature of the class.

Please follow the hyperlink below to see pictures of a previous class. In this particular class, we were doing as many small samples with as many colors as possible. In our class, we will be dyeing enough yarn that you can actually make something out of it! Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

And for the cynical of you out there, no, I am not even recovering the cost of the materials for this class. I am doing this because I LOVE IT!!!!

Peace~
Beah, from AnTir

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pearl_girl/sets/72157601246472853/