[Elfsea] Elfsea Digest, Vol 26, Issue 4

eleanor cleavely whiteoakbard at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 12:12:59 PDT 2008

Lady Maria said:

"HUGE beef is that no ever says thank you anymore....unless you are someone
of importance.  I was asked 3 years in a row to run the children's
activities at Warlord, I was never publicly thanked.  The fourth year I was
asked to do it again, I said could not do it....yes, I lied.  I lied because
I felt I was unappreciated. Why should I run 3 days of activities and not
get a simple thank you??  I've helped people set up their sites and again no
thank you from the person I helped. Recently, when I stepped down from a
Kingdom Office and had handed over everything, I opened the Black Star and
there was no mention of thanking me for running the office.  I was crushed.
I admit I didn't do my best near the end in my office but I had a ton of
mundane things going on in my life (which is the reason I stepped down), but
it is still no excuse for a lack of bad manners.  As a result, I will most
likely never volunteer to run an office again....nor just volunteer again."

Maybe, my lady, you are doing the volunteering for the wrong reasons. Sure,
it's nice to get thanked. But do you really NEED to be thanked publicly each
and every time you did something?

That's just my impression...take it as you will.

Eleanor
--
"Mine honor is my life; both grow in one;
take honor from me and my life is done."

Ego existo obstinantus - I am resolved

Reluctor ultum , pareo parum - Resist much, obey little