[Elfsea] War and Goliards

eleanor cleavely whiteoakbard at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 06:27:00 PDT 2008

Friends,

While my words last night were impassioned and strong, I will not apologize
for them. I do not take kindly to people who stir up trouble where there is
none. I do not take kindly to words of war, regardless of their intent. I
agree that I could have phrased my thoughts in a more diplomatic fashion. I
am glad that we all have a voice in this Barony. I encourage people to use
that voice. Use that voice to sing the songs of chivalry and honor. Speak
the words of the heroes who have come before us.

And Lady Xue, as for "mishearing you" at the Bardic, I was in the front row
and heard just fine what you were saying. However, I can be kind to someone
as a friend and still strongly disagree with them. I have no personal
problem with you, only the motives of your group. If you want change, that's
fine. Lead by example, not exhorting people to dissent and division. I know
I have been away for some time, but that does not mean I am naive and
unknowing of how things are. They are the same everywhere you go. Some
people love the way the game is played. Some people hate it and resent those
who are having fun because they're not having fun the way others want to
have fun. Whatever. You learn to make your own fun in the SCA, rather than
following what someone else wants. It's why I became a Bard, and that's how
I have fun.

In the immortal words of Sir Forrest of Gump: That's all I'm going to say
about that.

Lady Eleanor Cleavely
--
"Mine honor is my life; both grow in one;
take honor from me and my life is done."

Ego existo obstinantus - I am resolved

Reluctor ultum , pareo parum - Resist much, obey little