[Elfsea] Evening activties

Miss M Brow starstruck503 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 11 14:17:53 PDT 2008

I was just daydreaming about some of the evening events I have been to over the years.  I have a suggestion/question for those who are hosting open events.

There are many people out there who are unwilling to walk into a strange camp at night, or even to hail them for fear of finding out it's a "closed" group.    I have stood at the "roadside" listening, and was not invited in on a number of occasions, and so I assumed it was a private group, only to find out later I could have come in.  This has happened to me in the past (not here), and was very discouraging for me.

Perhaps there is some way that open parties/bardics/campfires can indicate that they welcome all?  How can we make it easier for those of us who are a little shy?  Remember the really quiet ones are going to be the life of the party if you ever can get them to loosen up, but until then you might walk past them and not even see them- a shy person's cloaking ability is usually pretty strong.  Rua

I DO like the idea of a warmup bardic to entertain on Friday night after things get set up. That is why I like the parties and stuff I walk into and stumble out of on Friday night.  I just think that Friday night should stay more relaxed than required seeing as there is so much to set up on a Friday night and folks still need to come down off the workweek on Friday night before the main event stuff on Saturday.

I would say provide it but don't require it for competition.  Just give the challenges and instructions at morning court or in the event program.

My two cents.  That and 3 dollars won't even get you a gallon of gas. ;)

Thora O

Vote for your city's best dining and nightlife. City's Best 2008.