[Elfsea] Bardic guild meeting - June

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Wed Jun 11 14:18:42 PDT 2008

Eleanor,

  As you know, Loch Ruadh has long been a proponent of the more bardic the better idea.

  At Lughnasad, in addition to the Titled Bard and Children's Bardic competitions, once again our dear friend HL Grimver Longtooth will be setting up Bard Town, which is the perfect gathering place for bards and those who like to listen to them.  We encourage not only participation in the formal competitions, but also any and all planned or spontaneous  bardic gatherings from when the site opens at 4:00pm on Friday (8 August) through closing at noon on Sunday.  We hope to see (and hear) large numbers of bards throughout the weekend.

  More details about Lughnasad can be found at http://lochruadh.org/lughnasad/index.html

  Padraig
  Bard at Large (they haven't caught me yet!)
  Co-Autocrat of Lughnasad
  --------------------
  Nunc est bibendum
  "Now we can drink!"

eleanor cleavely <whiteoakbard at gmail.com> wrote:
  Greetings to one and all!

I want to thank those who came for the meeting tonight. Lots of good ideas were tossed about, and I think we have a good idea of where the Guild will go in the next year. I will be posting those ideas soon. There are several events coming up for Elfsea where we could have some really good bardics. I will be speaking with the Autocrat(s) of Defender and Their Excellencies about their preferences for a bardic there, as well as the autocrat(s) for Lughnasahd (or however it's spelled!) regarding bardic there. Once I know more, I'll post it here.

Thank you for your continued support of the Bardic Arts in Elfsea. Without your help, the Bards would have no where to perform!
Lady Eleanor Cleavely
Bard of Elfsea
Guildhead - Elfsea Bardic Guild

--
"Mine honor is my life; both grow in one;
take honor from me and my life is done."

Ego existo obstinantus - I am resolved

Reluctor ultum , pareo parum - Resist much, obey little