[Elfsea] A lighter note.....

Marilyn Wolffe mmdswolffe at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 2 18:33:44 PDT 2008

This is to add to the "you know your in the SCA when".....

  These past two weeks at my youngest sons school. They have been doing Medieval studies.
  He has brought to school drop spindles, two kinds of looms and various others items.

  Today I left work early so that I could go and watch the jousting tournament and melees'. Watching the mock battles between teams, I hear Matthew yell " No head shots, I don't have a helm on". Yielding cardboard shield and a wrapping paper roll sword, he battles on.
  How ever they tallied up points his team won. When they announced it he yelled
  "Victory to Ansteorra, Vivat Anstoerra!. No one had a clue as to what he was yelling about.

  As he came off the field I hold him he did good---"Of course" he says "we Ansteorrians don't take kindly to being invaded!"He did have a point there.

  We were walking home with his Friend Andrew, Andrew told me he was Sir Lancelot. I asked Matthew who he was?  His reply; "I was The Bloody Baron, Baron Armanda, you know Alex's dad".

  Need I say more.

  Lady Meriyan