[Elfsea] Back to the Calendar

Rick Johnston rikr_foetipper at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 8 08:55:49 PDT 2008

IMHO  I think leaving Defender as is and holding a collegium in the early spring would be wonderful.  There was a small discussion last moot about making an effort to have alot of activities at that collegium to get us all prepared for war.  Possibly getting authorizing marshals for Light, Heavy, Siege, Combat Archery, and any other "Authorized" activities that occur at war.  Holding classes on making armor and weapons.  Classes on fighting as a unit and with weapons alot of people don't use on a regular basis such as spear and glaive.  Basically making it a War College.  This isn't to say that we can't and won't have other classes.  I would love to have classes on brewing and weaving and leatherworking and all the other "Gentler" pursuits to go to when I'm done authorizing or teaching my classes.  We speak every year of making a bolder more recognizable showing on the fields of battle.  I know of no
 other more effective way than recruiting and training a fighting force to be feared by all of the known world.

Rikr Foetipper