[Elfsea] Fire victim donations

Liz Wilson ewilson618 at tx.rr.com
Wed Mar 5 03:09:38 PST 2008

OT:  House fire donations

I'm a little behind in reading my email, but re the fire victims:  We have a floor lamp (1980's) and a pink wicker headboard from the 1970's that could be attached to a single bed frame for a child at low cost (it was mine as a child--is pale pink and could be repainted any color-- both items free to thier home because my girls already have headboards their dad made).  The floor lamp is also about 20 years old--traditional brass styling with shade (was a gift to my husband from his parents and works fine--we just don't need it but haven't gotten rid of it).   If they still need a full sized bed, we have a double brass bed frame from the early 1980's that we could LOAN as well but no matresses.  The bed is not laquered brass so it would need some serious polishing but gives a nice country style look to a bedroom and would work with the floor lamp (swirly design not modern contemporary).  It has sentimental value so I would like it back eventually but no big rush--I have been storing it for years (saving it for one of the girls).

 I am also cleaning out my kitchen cabinets right now (and working on the whole house for spring), and probably have some extra kitchen stuff I can spare although unfortutunately I just gave away a bunch of stuff a month ago.   I also have a daughter who is outgrowing her size 4 clothes and size 10-11 1/2 shoes (even though she is 8 she is extremely small for her age).  I probably also have some extra used towels and extra double or queen bed sheets (who knows what else I have if I start looking).   I have two small vaccuum cleaners that are usable but not fabulous that I also can give away to the fire victims (one is more of a floor sweeper).  I have two small child's rocking chairs in the garage that have never been refinished although they have the base coat on them (although they may be too small for their kids).   I don't remember the adult sizes but I'm sure we can spare some plus sized used adult clothing if it is needed, which they could then donate to charity once they can replace their clothing with newer stuff.  In other words, I'm getting ready to do a big garage sale this spring but would be willing to GIVE some of the stuff away now to the fire victims.

 We live in Flower Mound in the Canton of Glaslyn although we usually go to Steppes events.  I know we have not been very active lately in the SCA (too many kids activities on the weekends, etc.) but if there is any way that we can help the fire victims, please let us know.   We have a nice, fairly good sized home with a lot of stuff in it that we are not using (because I'm a huge pack rat) and I would love to give some of our good quality extra gently used household items to an SCA family in need.  Please email me off list to discuss.

Christianna (aka Liz of Flower Mound)