[Elfsea] Gulf War

Dáire and Druinne -- the Hays Family daire.druinne at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 07:45:04 PST 2008

uhh,,,that would be Druinne cooking Sunday night.  Dáire is at home with
Cailyn the younger.

Also, Sunday night will include some of our neighbors in Steppes and anyone
else who comes wandering along who is hungry.  I am bringing alot of food.

Dáire and I have gotten early on for some time now as land staff.  It sort
of evolved that we would cook a huge dinner on Sunday (or Monday when that
was opening day) for everyone in camp who had been up all night traveling
and who had set up their camps that day and were just plain tuckered out.
We had been set up for a few days and were in the mood for a good hot meal
and since it was easy to fix since we were already set up and more or less
rested...well, you can see how this worked out.

One of Dáire's "we must have meals"  at Gulf War is fettuncini alfredo.  One
year, some friends left their Sunday stew in the freezer at home, but came
over with salad and bread.  It made for a wonderful meal at the end of a
tough day for many.

This year, our Sunday supper in GW camp is a joint effort with Steppes, who
is bringing bread and salad and whatever else their care to bring to the
table.  I will provide chicken, fettuncini, alfredo sauce, and lots of it.
It will be a nice way to end a tough day, carbo load for the fighting and
whatever other activities that are on our horizons Monday and share some
time with friends before all you know what breaks loose as the war begins
and we get out there and see old friends from across the knowne world and
make some new ones.

Druinne