[Elfsea] Sail Homeschool Demo, March 29, 2008- teachers/artisans needed ( pardon the bandwidth)

Darr Sarah ladyadelaide at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 12 16:00:49 PDT 2008

Can you send me an address or a map that I can forward to others in our group?
  Adelaide
  Barony of Elfsea Hospitaler

Judie Willey <littledragon0861 at gmail.com> wrote:
    Greetings unto the lists,

  After our planning meeting last night, it was decided that we will have an SCA101 class in the morning, followed by a brief court and lunch, with classes, free form arts demos and fighting to take place after lunch.

  We can hold up to 12 classes ( 3 per hour) during the afternoon, each in it's own pavillion.

  If you are able to teach a class, please send me the following information asap.

  the time slot you would like to schedule for ( 1st and 2nd choice) , how many you are comfortable teaching, any supplies the students can bring themselves or cost of classs/donations, how long you class will take, any age restrictions for the class.

  While we understand that some people are not comfortable working with small children, we would like to offer a variety of classes to attract all ages.

  Some suggestions are: Basic  drop spinning, basic blackwork embroidery, fletching, basic weaving, calligraphy, dance, foods in period.

  We have the following:

  Making a scroll
  Heraldry Basics
  Basic herbalism
  Court Dance
  Finger loop weaving
  Kumihimo (sp?) weaving
  Making boffer weapons
  The art of Bocce
  Middle Eastern Dance
  Throwing and Handbuilding pots

  We also need artisans with static displays, who are willing to just "demo" an art in free form  displays rather than set classes.

  As we will be printing handouts as well as putting the information in both the Steppes letter, on the website and in the SAIL newsletter, I need the information asap, preferably before 2/25/08, and an idea of approxmatley how many people we will have participating as SAIL is being kind enough to provide us with lunch.

  YIS

--
Rebbe Hadassah Sarai bas Yossi

Dragon's Laire Ceramics