[Elfsea] EVENTS - WHAT DO YOU LIKE

Mike C. Baker kihebard at hotmail.com
Mon May 19 13:35:58 PDT 2008

> >	4. If you got a break on the site fee, would you be
> more willing to
> >show up early and stay late for set up and tear down?
> >Maybe -- but is that feasible within the financial & other rules we
> >abide by?
> >
> I don't understand. You can volunteer to stay later than you
> would otherwise or get there earlier. The only
> legal/financial issues would be when we have access to the
> site. We would need to start no earlier than allowed and get
> off site by the end of our access. Did I miss your point?

Cailin, in brief my concerns are
1) how well this meshes with SCA / Ansteorran financial policies in
general,
2) NMS surcharging (discounted entry clause as to who is liable for
NMS),
3) local financial committee decisions / need for rulings (let's not
blind-side any event bids while we are at it!),
4) and (possibly) how to equitably determine the level of participation
in the relevant activities.

Yes, boring-but-necessary paperwork & regulation concerns.  Several
levels of potential worm-stuff to sift through, at least at my first
glance.  I'm pretty sure you are more directly cognizant with the formal
rules from the Exchequer side of things <GRYN>, and it is certainly
possible that I have over-stated the potential issues.  Still and all
may need some review.  (Just in case:  *I* think it may be a good thing
to offer this type of fee break, esp. for students or those others
willing to trade sweat equity, etc.  Thought I saw a _potential_
problem/"landmine" area to be addressed, that's all.)

Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe

Mike C. Baker
SCA: (al-Sayyid) Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra, F.O.B, OSCA
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em
alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com  OR MikeCBaker at verizon.net
   Buy my writings!:   http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen
http://wizardsdenblogedition.blogspot.com/