[Elfsea] Defender/PED's and the Calender

Dale, Richard N DaleRN at aetna.com
Wed May 28 12:21:07 PDT 2008

Regarding events I think we should take a hard look at the type of
events we have. I exclude Elfsea Defender from this list. If the barony
wants to hold another event, that's great. Allow a motivated individual
to run with the idea. If you want to reserve a date on the Kingdom
calendar for another event, no problem. Just make sure you have an
autocrat and a site at least 9 months before the event. 12 months would
be better. Time allows inspiration and excitement to spread the word
about the event. If no one puts in a bid, fine then the barony only has
to plan for Defender. People will always find a way to do an event if
they are motivated.

With regards to Elfsea Defender I would like to see some discussion on
what we can do to make this the premier Baronial Championship in
Ansteorra. It has been a long standing tradition that the Elfsea
Defender Tourney is a Swiss five tourney. I do not think this should
change but enhanced. I am taking this idea from a "knights Tale" with
Heath Ledger. We would still have an Elfsea Defender, but what about
having individual champions of the sword, sprear,two handed sword, sword
and shield etc.. The person fighting may not be able to say that he or
she was the Elfsea Defender, but that person could say that on this day
they were the best at spear sword etc.. No other tournament that I am
aware of recognizes people who just want to fight a single style. This
would be hard to plan, and these other champions would not enjoy the
same benefits as the baronial champion. I think its an idea worth
looking at. The same can be done on the rapier side, archery etc...
Just a thought...

Master Richard Fairborn
Been away, but coming back

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If
you think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the
sender by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately.
Thank you. Aetna