[Elfsea] Highland Games

Ascelyn of Glentewrde aislyn_glynwyrd_fen at hotmail.com
Wed May 28 07:17:00 PDT 2008

To Ceatta and to the wonderful volunteers for Highland Games, We have been talking about Highland Games for many months now and we have had nothing but a mere whisper of interest. As a last ditch effort to find someone to participate in and also someone to coordinate this demo, I put a message out on the Elfsea list on May 1st, which is one month before the demo. I received only four responses and someone who (if we had enough interest) was willing to coordinate. After conferring with TE Daire and Druinne (who, by the way, have been willing to participate from the beginning), it was determined that we did not have sufficient number of volunteers to have the demo.  We had:  one fighter, one person to support the A&S activities (and she couldn't not be there all day on Saturday), one family who wanted to come out and help and one marshal. Thank you to all these great people who did volunteer. We really do appreciate you making time in your schedules to help out the barony. We certainly hope that all of you might be available in the future for our other activities as well.Even with Lady Eleanor Cleavely's mention of bard's, we simply do not have enough volunteers to make an adequate and respectable showing. Thank you Lady Eleanor for that as well.

Ceatta, you have done a wonderful job of coordinating Highland Games for many years, and I understand that this is a personal goal for you each year, but it just wouldn't have been the same Highland Games without you!

Yours In Service, Ascelyn of Glentewrde Seneschal, Barony of Elfsea & Per bend Sinister Gules and Or, a Unicorn Argent and a Rose Proper