[Elfsea] Highland Games

Dáire and Druinne -- the Hays Family daire.druinne at gmail.com
Wed May 28 07:59:41 PDT 2008

Greetings all,

As our Seneschal states, we do not have enough support to make this demo
happen.

We would like to thank Master Richard for stepping up to take care of
it, but he cannot do it alone.  We would also like to thank all of
those who have come forth to support him and this demo, but again,
there has not been an adequate showing of hands in time to support the
effort.

It was not a decision that Acelyn came to quickly or alone.  It was a
decision that our barony made by not stepping up in a timely manner
and in sufficient numbers to support the activity. We can no longer
assume, as we did in the past, that everyone will just show up to help
without letting the person(s) in charge of the activity know.

As we move forward from this decision, we need to all look at
ourselves and our future level of activity as we discuss the future
our this barony's event schedule.  Defender is open for bids.  We only
have one at the moment.  Who else will submit one?  Twelfth Night is
open for bids.  Only one person has indicated that they will submit a
bid.  Is there anyone else?  Several offices in the barony are turning
over.  Who will step up and commit to those responsibilities?  We need
an historian.  Anyone interested?

We need everyones' input and ideas and their support.  We have long
said that many hands make light work.  The more people who commit to
an activity, the less time we all have to work and the more time we
have for fun.

Once again, we thank those who stepped up for their efforts.

In faithful service to our Crown,
Dáire and Druinne