[Elfsea] Thanks to all!

shona haskins shonao at gmail.com
Sun May 25 19:32:59 PDT 2008

Greetings Good Gentiles!

For those of you that were not at Warlord, and got to see the beautiful
scrolls we had for the title winners, my apologies! They were truly a sight
to behold!
Some of you know I took over as the Head of the Steppes Calligraphy and
Illumination Guild a couple months ago; and the Guild, as well as our
wonderful Barony, have been so very supportive of the transition, and I just
want to offer my MANY thanks! I have been in the society for a little over a
year and a half; so this was a giant step for me, not only within the
society, but as an artist of sorts. The Steppes Guild has been VERY
supportive of this transition, and for that, I wish to give MANY Thanks!

In regards to the Warlord XXXV scrolls, I wish to thanks the following
people (and please forgive the bad memory for names, if I get it wrong, or
only know part of your name!)

Francesca - for your faith in me to do this job, and helping me when I need
to know where to go next!
Galen - for your wonderful talents with the brush!
Vivianna Rowntree - for your time and paint! Not to mention your ear when I
was going batty!
Mistress Genevieve - for opening her home and her personal library to me,
not to mention her expertise in this field; as
                 well as lending her hand in the painting of the scrolls.
(and her ear as well when it was needed!)
Don Duncan - for also opening his home and library; and, along side his
wife, Mistress Geanvieve; encouraged and supported,
                 as well as offered his knowledge and expertise.
                  And as a second BIG thank you, for doing the Calligraphy
on ALL of the Warlord Specific scrolls this weekend! Vivat!
susana - who helped with all the organizational stuff that I didn't really
think about all the time! And for making me laugh when I needed it
Nuala - For painting a scroll with a wonderfully talented hand, that has
been a part of the scroll tradition of Steppes Warlord for longer
           than most of us have been in the Barony (well, save a few
obviously!). And then, hand delivering it to me Saturday morning,
           despite the fact that she was not staying for the event! Vivat!
HE Katheryn - for being patient with me! And allowing me to realize things I
forgot or needed to realize on my own, and for giving me
                     a gentle nudge of encouragement when I still seemed to
over-look those things! The Steppes are truly Blessed that
                     you are our Baroness!
Their Majesties - your kind and encouraging words as I was completing
scrolls for the winners. I will be sure to tell my guild of your
                         appreciation of our endeavours!

There are others that I am having a hard time remembering after a very long
and hot weekend! As a whole, I want to thank the guild for the amazing work
that was done on the invitations and scrolls, and the help and encouragement
for this Warlord! I am very lucky to be surrounded by such wonderful people!

And finally; I want to thank those that did receive the scrolls, for being
so patient and understanding about what the process was for the scrolls with
your coat of arms, and understanding and being VERY accommodating when and
if I realized ALL of your arms wouldn't fit in my little shield on the
scroll! (especially if I had to use your badge instead of your arms due to
size constraints!)

So basically, a hearty Thank You to all that have helped along the way, and
helped at Warlord!
Vivat Steppes!

YIS,
Lady Annwn