[Elfsea] vivat and Huzzah for Pyro and Lochlann!

Miss M Brow starstruck503 at hotmail.com
Tue May 27 09:42:21 PDT 2008

Heary vivats for you both!  Sorry I missed it, Rua

From: rjt at softwareinnovation.comTo: elfsea at lists.ansteorra.orgDate: Mon, 26 May 2008 12:24:35 -0500Subject: [Elfsea] Warlord

Our Barony has done very well at our neighbor’s celebration and selection of defenders.

After a very long, hot, and hotly contested competition for the Chivalric Defender (or Warlord) of the Steppes, our own Lord Lochlann Dunn faced Count Timotheos Kalamanos in an exciting fight. Lord Lochlann did win the title becoming, I’m told, only the second non-knight to win it (the first being Duke Inman MacMoore).

HL Ker Megan of Taransay, known as Pyro, won the Novice Shoot on Saturday. Not being content with that, she went on to enter the finals of the Warlord Archery Defender against Sir Carl and Gavin the Younger. In the finals they shot a dummy knight in armor (choose your own name here) with a helm that had two eye slits that were about 1 inch by 3 inches horizontally each. This was at about 30 yards. Only an arrow in the eye slit counted and the first one to accomplish that won. It took four rounds with the competitors getting tighter and tighter groupings around the eyes before Pyro finally landed in the eye slit. The Baroness of the Steppes said she is the only person to ever win both the Novice and the Defender competitions at the same event. She thought Pyro was also the first woman to win that title.

Vivat to our victorious Elfsea competitors! And I don’t think anyone will begrudge me an extra Huzah for my lady Pryo!

In service,
Caelin on Andrede