[Elfsea] Defender/PEDs and the Calendar

eleanor cleavely whiteoakbard at gmail.com
Wed May 28 15:16:07 PDT 2008

Yu Xue XianXian said: " Single day events probably won't pull in anyone else
but the locals right now anyways.  Few people
 can afford to day trip from afar, seeing it as not worth the effort and
cost."

What would be so wrong if we had just a "locals only" event? I think one of
our major problems is that our barony is too splintered. When I posted on
the list about whether Elfsea was camping together at Steppes Warlord, I got
ONE response. ONE. I know many people day-tripped or hoteled (like we
did...sorry!), but there was no real interest in having a Bardic or camping
together.

We need to work on getting back that family feel that Elfsea had many years
ago. We are all too focused on ourselves and not enough on the health of our
barony and our relationship to each other. We should be a family. It was
like this before. Why can't it be that way again? That being said, I fully
support one-day events as a way to reconnect with each other as a barony and
a family.

Tossing in another two ducats
Eleanor
--
"Mine honor is my life; both grow in one;
take honor from me and my life is done."

Ego existo obstinantus - I am resolved

Reluctor ultum , pareo parum - Resist much, obey little