[Elfsea] OT-French and/or German Lessons/Group

Regan Caimbeul regan.caimbeul at gmail.com
Thu May 8 17:02:08 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I have been kicking this idea around for a little while in my head, and I
guess I am going to jump on the band wagon now with the languages.  Would
anyone be interested in having a monthly (or more often) get together to
learn/converse in French and/or German?  We could either meet at a centrally
located cafe or at my home near Denton...  I have a number of course books
ranging from beginner to advanced that I used during my education and a few
novels in both languages.   There are many different options that we can do,
and I would like to start an e-group to see where we can take this.

Why am I putting this out there?  I admit it, it's selfish.  I would like to
get back to being comfortable speaking both of these languages.  Here's a
little about me personally.  I have a BA in International Relations with
minors in both French and German.  I spent time in both countries when I was
younger.  However since completing my studies, I have lost most of my
fluency in both of these languages, because I haven't used them in about 8
years.  I think it's high time that I fix that.  :)

Is anyone game?  Please contact me off list.

Thanks!

Regan

--
If everything happened when and how we wanted, then nothing would be worth
waiting for...