[Elfsea] Boy Scout Demo Sat. Nov 15 2008

Debbie Foster ladyelayne at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 5 19:47:29 PST 2008

Greetings to All,

The Boy Scout Demo Saturday Nov. 15. 2008 being held at Texas Motor Speedway is upon us.  (The same weekend as Queens Champion)
     Calling all Archers, Bards, Dancers, Fighters, Rapier, Arts & Sciences and all good gentles, come wear your finest and let's show the many fine activities we have to offer!
     We can start setting up Friday Nov. 14, 2008 after 12:00 to be ready by 8:00 am on Saturday morning. There will be on site security to keep our village safe overnight.  The demo will last until 4:45 pm.and  we can start taking down after 5:00 pm.
     Anyone wishing to camp overnight must have a period tent with all mundane items either covered or out of sight.
     On Friday (14) we need help to set up:
                  Big Blue to be used for display and a make and take project for scouts
                  Little Blue for storage and cooking
                  Blue & White for archery
                  The Big New for Baronial and Solar.
                   List and archery range will need to be also set up
    Two large ice chests will be provided for you to store your sandwich fixings.
     Remember all to bring covers for your chairs and mugs,mundane items will need to be stored in Little Blue.  "Be mindful of how you talk to and around potential members, do not talk about local or Kingdom politics, personal problems, or the latest gossip. Instead, describe activities in which people can participate, provide general information about events or explain how the SCA functions. Be careful with your word choices such as :
       "Modern" instead of "mundane"
        "Martial arts" instead of "rapier" or "heavy weapons" or "stick jocks"
        "Event Steward" instead of "autocrat"
        "Feast Stewart" instead of "feastocrat"
        "Gate or regestration" instead of "troll"
Should the media approach you, refer them to the Baron, Baroness, Secneschal, or me, your coordinator.
     Please email me ladyelayne at sbcglobal.net by Monday Nov. 10, 2008 with your mundane and SCA names that I must give the Scout Leader in charge for security and admission.  To be part of the demo group this list with names must be provided to the Scouts in advance, so if your name is not on this list and you show up the morning of the demo, you will have to pay admission. Wristbands will be issued and cards to displayed on your windshield will be provided at the gate. (More information on this in the next email.)
     This Boy Scout Jamboree is expecting 8,000 people or more and this a great opportunity for us show the many facets of our organization.  Please come and make it happen!

In Service,
Lady Elayne O'Ceileachair