[Elfsea] CONCERNING RAPIER PRACTICE

glen wilkerson gdwilkerson at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 20 09:21:46 PST 2008

Due to the total absence of recent rapier activity within the barony, and my work schedule making it more difficult to make the Sunday practice regularly, I am considering moving rapier practice away from that day and location.

I encourage all rapier fighters in Elfsea, if you have an opinion, please let me know your preference for a new day, time, and location for a regular weekly or bi-monthly rapier practice.  At the very least I would like to hear from you all and where you are so I can look for a location a little more central to where everyone actually lives.

One possibility I have been considering is moving rapier practice to the same day and location as archer practice.

And most recently, and this is VERY good news - I have also heard from the Administrative Services Coordinator of the Arlington Public Library, and we have permission to use the large downstairs community room at the George W Hawkes Central Library for rapier practice.  This is the same location where we have put on the demo for their Medieval Days festival for the last few years.

How many of you are interested in an occasional indoor practice with water fountains and restrooms around the corner?  Let me know.

Alaric
Elfsea Rapier Marshal