[Elfsea] [Glaslyn] Looking for a pavilion?

Annwn Shona lady.annwn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 07:55:56 PDT 2008

I have looked into these before, and the biggest drawback? They are nylon
fabric. Just like mundane tents. I have also seen one of these in action,
and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. The nylon is so light weight that
the tiniest breeze threatens to whisk your sides away. And with Ansteorran
winds, not such a good thing when they can _easily_ hit between 20-60mph!
Also, there is no tacking system at the bottom, so no way to anchor it to
the ground, and if you fold it under a tarp like we do with the canvas ones,
any wind pulls them out, and if there is resistance, they tend to shred.

So just a note of warning! However, as a viewing tent or some such for next
to a list field, it would probably be ok...?

-Lady Annwn