[Elfsea] TRIM YOUR POSTS

Pádraig Ruad Ó Maolagáin padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Fri Sep 12 08:27:42 PDT 2008

No need to shout.  ;-)

While in general I agree with you about trimming non-relevantinfo from
posts, I would guess that most list subscribers get individual emails
instead of the digest.  In that case, if too much is trimmed from a
anwering post, it can be nearly impossible to determine what is being
answered, especially when the original post has generated a large number
of answers, comments and questions in a particular thread.

So I would say "trim your posts, but judiciously, so that it is at least
apparent what you are answering/commenting on".

Padraig
--
Nunc est bibendum.