[Elfsea] More on choosing a format

Druinne de Salesberie druinne at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 13:07:19 PDT 2009

There are a few other factors in choosing a format for the fighting:

What is the goal?  Choose a champion, show off the bling, fun format
with no real investment in who wins other than bragging rights?
What time of year?  Cold or hot?
Site restrictions: is there room for siege weapons and combat archery,
how large of a lyst can the field take?

And, lastly, who/how many did you want to show up?  Each format brings
out a different subset of fighters.  We have tourney sharks, melee
monkeys, beginners and the rest of us all mixed in.  We have those who
only want to fight sword and board and those who love mixed weapons.
We have those who would rather not ever be in a lyst and those who
would not be in a melee if they could avoid it.  We have those who
live for the Pas and those who avoid it like the pestilence.

Just a few more things to consider.

Druinne