[Elfsea] OT: Teacher wanted

skintint666 at juno.com skintint666 at juno.com
Wed Apr 15 08:38:55 PDT 2009

Hello All,
I am a high school art teacher at a small charter school in Euless, Treetops School International. We are currently looking for someone to teach high school math and/or computer classes beginning in the 09-10 school year.
Our school is the oldest charter school in Tarrant county, and existed as a private school before that since 1969. As a charter school, we have certain curricular liberties that regular public school do not have. We have a very casual atmosphere (I wear t-shirts and shorts with my earrings and exposed tattoos) with out the political hoopla that exists in most schools. While we do answer to Texas Education Agency, we are an independent school district with our own board and director who make our decisions locally.We have small classes- about 17:1 student to teacher ratio, so we get to know our students quite well.
Salary is comparable to other school, although we do not get the bonuses that other districts give (we don't receive that same state/federal funds, thus the freedoms we get). In my opinion, and I believe that the other teachers would agree, working here is compensation for any difference in pay.
If you are a certified teacher, or are in a position to get an emergency or probationary certificate (ie- you are in a certification program), and would like more information about Treetops and the available positions, please check out our web-site: www.treetops.org or call and speak with Lou Blanchard, our director, at 817-283 1771.
Thanks for your time,
David Ambrose (Ambros de Lyncolne)
PS: I would appreciate it if someone could forward this to the Steppes list. Thank you.