[Elfsea] 1. Re: Bear pit vs. melee vs. regular tourney

Dale, Jennifer DaleJ at autonation.com
Tue Apr 7 17:37:19 PDT 2009

Wow...you all are giving me great information. I will have to get to a
few fighter practices to get some more "visual" examples. I would go to
tomorrow's but I am getting some garb made (long overdue)

So here is the reason for my questions...
I want to do something grand and somewhat different. While my husband
has his opinions on what fighters like, I wanted to get it from the
horses mouth, so to speak.

I am looking to do a multi-group event that would pit Barony/group
against barony/group. That is why I needed to know how the different
tourney/melee/bear pits worked.

So if you were to have an event where every barony/group sent, lets say
3 experienced and 2 novice (fighting for less than a year) to compete
against the other baronies for "bragging" rights and an awesome
prize...what would lend itself the best?

Or would fighters feel left out if they weren't selected to compete? I
don't mean to be exclusive or count anyone out. I was just thinking of
ways to make it somewhat even "teams" so to speak.

Or maybe a mini-war of sorts. I have never been to war, but hubby
mentioned maybe doing melee's that included combat archery, etc.

How could you do that and still have one barony take the prize for the
year?

So if you have any ideas on how to make this work, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks
Giliana