[Elfsea] European SCA, more authenticity.

Brandon McDermott brandonsmcd at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 15 10:03:43 PST 2009

Sunglasses as well as reading glasses are period after 1350, though not exactly as we know them today..... BUT....I will be making some period ones in the near future. They can be purchased from 1 store that I know of as well (in Italy). Please respond directly if you would like to participate, learn, or help make them.

  That aside, I to believe we can all make the SCA a little better with minimal effort. Cover your coolers and chairs.

  Make some banners (and yes that is a shameless plea for some one to take pity and teach me how to make them).

  Shoes... Oh how I love shoes.... Any one can make a simple pair of turn shoes.. ANYONE.... and turnshoes are in every period just about.

  Hats too!!!!! ( insert another shameless " plea for someone to teach me how to make a felted wool hat that will look awesome and break my forehead out, but I will wear it any ways becuase its cool " plug .... or " How to make a beaver hat" class...)

  Pavilions???.... Thats a big one.... Pavilions are expessive, thats why I do not have a period one. BUT WAIT !!! there is an alternitive.... A Canvas Tarp Fly....
1. Rectangular piece of material w/ 6 grommets. one at each corner and two in the middle of each side.
2. Split 3 2x4 studs down the middle.. Cut 4 pcs to 6' and 2pcs to 7'6''
3. Drive an aluminum gutter nail into the end of each one, then cut the head off and round it w/ a file
4... badabing ... pavillion for less than $80.00

These are all cheap and easy projects. Get with your buddies, plan a play date, and make something neat.

Gramercy
Sir Lochlan Dunn