[Elfsea] help from woodworkers

lambdakennels1 at juno.com lambdakennels1 at juno.com
Tue Jan 13 15:43:56 PST 2009

What you need is someone with a hand plane to plane the inside of each half of the branch.  A machine which is called a planer would not work on the branch since one surface is curved.  I am near Greenville, on the wrong side of Dallas for you.  I will, however, be going to King's Round Table and could bring a hand plane and a couple of clamps and see what I could do for you on the tailgate of my truck.  Others may have a woodshop nearer to you, however.

Lady Stephanie Lilburn
Stephanie Smith, Ph.D
http://lambdafarm.mysite.com/
Owned by a Poodle and an Australian Cattle Dog
K5AMK

-- Jason Haddock <foreverknight2622 at yahoo.com> wrote:
i am in need of a little help. i know most people don't know me but i'm in the process of building something and i do not have the tools or knowledge. i have a 5 inch branch that i split along a split that was already in it .... and i was wondering if there was anyone out there that could help me or could even take the pieces and make the insides of the log flat so i can sandwich another piece of wood in the middle.