[Elfsea] INDOOR Rapier Practice in Arlington

glen wilkerson gdwilkerson at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 26 11:26:11 PST 2009

My apologies for that last, I got a little excited (and I just left it on all caps because I was in a hurry)...

It turned out to be a GREAT (all caps on purpose this time) PRACTICE.  At the first practice last month 9 showed up, this month we had a total of 24 in attendance with 14 fighting, including two newcomers.  There were two other newcomers who did not fight but with whom I discussed weapons, armor, rules.  I also showed them a couple of easy drills just to let them get the feeling of swords in their hands.

Thank you everyone who attended and is supporting these practices.  I would like to especially thank Don Brendan and Don Ingve for attending and teaching, and Lady Rixende, the Central Regional Rapier Marshal, for attending and renewing the authorizations of those who needed it before Gulf War.

The library will continue to be open on Sundays through May, and I plan to continue having monthly practices as long as the community room is available.

The next practice will be on Sunday, March 1, plese mark your calendars and plan to attend.

Don Alaric
Elfsea Rapier Marshal