[Elfsea] First Call for GW

Druinne de Salesberie druinne at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 10:45:31 PST 2009

Janie, please forward to your e list, thanks.

Hey there everyone, it is that time of year again. Gulf Wars is coming soon.

Pre-registration is going on now.  For regular post, you must have
mail postmarked by January 31st.  For online, you can register up
until mid February.  More information is available at
www.gulfwars.org.

Just a few reminders:

Each pre-registered camper gets 15 x 15 feet of space and that
includes ropes and walkways.
Site opens on Sunday.
The schedule has changed!  War points now start on Tuesday, right
after opening ceremonies and end on Saturday morning with closing
ceremonies at noon that day.

If you are planning on going, please send me the following information:

Group camping with
Modern Name
SCA Name
Tent size or see "SCA Name" if you are sharing with someone.

For example:

Elfsea
Stephen Hays
Daire de Haya
18 x 20

Elfsea
Rhonda Hays
Druinne de Salesberie
see Daire de Haya

We put all of this information in a database for two reasons. First,
to make sure that your preregistration actually processes at GW.  We
have a list, they have a list and we cross check them. It is not the
norm but from time to time, things get lost or misfiled with the GW
staff and this makes sure that there are no surprises at gate  Second,
for Elfsea, I need to know about how big the tents are to make layout
more efficient.  We generally start at the corners, fill in the outer
edges and fill in the middle last.

If this is your first trip to GW or your first time camping with
Elfsea, please do not hestitate to contact me directly for more
information should you have questions.

I hope to hear from many of you over the next few weeks as we start to
gear up for war!

in service,
Druinne