[Elfsea] Steppes Artisan/Elfsea Baronial College

Susan McMahill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 27 15:58:03 PDT 2009

The judges for Steppes Artisan are the past winners of the competition. This is a fairly unique system, as far as I understand. One need not be a Laurel, Iris, Thistle,nor have won any other competition in order to win, but it is a body of work competition. Once a Steppes Artisan, always a Steppes Artisan, the new winner is the Current Steppes Artisan, but previous winners are always Steppes Artisans and are requested to return each year to judge the next group of contendors.

This is my understanding, at least. I am not an artisan so do not participate, but I do attend, and ooh and ahh and enjoy the work of those who do enter the competition.

Lyneya de Grey

Well-behaved women Seldom make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich