[Elfsea] Laurels' Prize - Writing Contest

Deana Covel Whitney dmcovel79 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 15 20:45:49 PDT 2009

Laurels’ Prize is September 12, 2009.

To kick off my First year as a Laurel, I want to offer a special prize for a topic close to my heart – Research & Documentation!

Two Categories:
The Best Documentation &
 The Best Research Paper

Entries Due by Aug. 15, 2009 - Almost one month before Laurels Prize
Only one entry per Category, per person.

As a competitor, I always wanted more feedback on my documentation, but there was never enough time. This is an opportunity to receive detailed feedback on your writing, and maybe win a prize.

Pick the piece you feel represents your research & writing the best.  You do not have to be attending Laurels Prize to enter this competition.

If you are submitting documentation for an item, please include pictures.  If for a performance, we will need to make arrangements.

Preferences in Papers:
1) Margins = 1" all around
2) Photos referred to in the body of the paper.
3) Sited in a consistent manner, pick a style and stay with it.
4) An annotated Bibliography = 2-3 sentences about each book that tells why it is a great resource and what the book is about.

Contact me with questions or entries:Dmcovel79 at yahoo.com.
I will be at Red Tape if you have questions.

In Service to the Arts & the Kingdom,
 Mistress Hanna von Dahl
 A&S Defender of the Roses
 Artisan of Bryn Gwlad