[Elfsea] TONIGHT: Open Library MONDAY, 8 June 2009

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Mon Jun 8 06:37:18 PDT 2009

Master Robin and Mistress Serena are pleased to host Open Library
Night the second Monday of every month for the foreseeable future

This month that means tonight -- Monday, June 8th.

Library hours will be 7:00 p.m. to 10 p.m.

Come to read!  Come to research!  Come just to visit with friends!

We have an extensive collection of books, including:

fencing and military history,
facsimiles of period fencing manuals,
calligraphy & illumination,
costume & fashion,
embroidery,
history (specializing in English Renaissance and American Revolution),
poetry,
science & mathematics,
fiction (mainly science fiction and fantasy),
heraldry,
some music and theatre (including Commedia),
legal history,
Classical and foreign languages,
a Latin Vulgate and a Greek New Testament,
and an Oxford English Dictionary.

The Annex contains the infamous Comic Book Fort, consisting of 24
long-boxes of comic books (mainly Marvel and DC, plus a complete
Elfquest), with an additional 100+ collections and graphic novels
on the shelves, plus lots of board and paper games, and books on gaming.

We also have a near-complete collection of Black Stars, going back
to the first of the kingdom.

This is not a lending library, so bring note paper or your laptops.
It is now possible to connect to the internet from anywhere in the house,
so laptops are now very useful!

(You do NOT need to bring pens.  We have LOTS of pens.)

Allergy warning:  we do have a cat.

-Serena

Use your favorite online mapping gizmo to locate us at:

7135 Vinland St.
Dallas, TX  75227-1829

214-663-2326 (Serena's cell)

Please note that the online mapping gizmos are not totally accurate
-- they ALL come up with a house halfway down the block from us.
Once you are on Vinland, go by the numbers posted on the houses,
not the online "street view".  Look for the house in the middle of the
block with a rose garden including a small statue of St. Francis.

Please be careful when crossing the construction zone around our
neighborhood -- the road is torn up, and if you're not careful,
your car will be, too.