[Elfsea] Bardic Competition at Elfsea Defender!

eleanor cleavely whiteoakbard at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 17:54:18 PST 2009

Unto the Bards of Elfsea and Ansteorra do I, Eleanor Cleavely, Bard of
Elfsea and Descendant of the White Oak, do send humble and happy greetings
on this warm March eve!

My friends,

Elfsea's Defender doth approach in a few short weeks! In honor of our
Defender tournaments, I have decided to host a Bardic competition. This is
NOT the Title Bard competition (that will be later this year!), but it will
be just as much fun! THIS COMPETITION IS OPEN TO ALL BARDS OF ALL SKILL
LEVELS.

The competition will commence Saturday evening after dinner. For those
interested in competing, here are the requirements:

1. Bring one prepared period piece. This could be a song, story or poem.
Documentation is not required, however it will be looked upon with favor by
the judges. Documentation does NOT need to be written - oral is just fine.

2. Write a piece on-site. When you get on site and sign in to troll, you
will put your name on a list and will receive a set of words that must be
used in your piece. The piece may be a song, story or poem. In order to
receive favor from the judges, you must use ALL the words in your piece.

3. Bring your best piece that is different from the two above.

NOTE: ****Please make sure all songs/poems are under 4 minutes and all
stories are under 7 minutes.****

A prize of beauty and wealth awaits those who rise to the challenge, both
novice and advanced, and those who please the populace the most.

The exact on-site location of the bardic will be announced on the day of the
competition. Should you have any questions, need assistance finding a period
piece, or wish to volunteer your services as judge (for which you will be
handsomely paid and showered with respect and adulation), please contact me
offlist at whiteoakbard at gmail.com .

Bards...are you up to the challenge? I await your answer.

Ever in service with a song and a smile,
Lady Eleanor Cleavely
Bard of Elfsea
Twice Bard of Sun Dragon
Premiere Bard of the Citadel of the Southern Pass
Descendant of the White Oak

--
"Mine honor is my life; both grow in one;
take honor from me and my life is done."

Ego existo obstinantus - I am resolved

Reluctor ultum , pareo parum - Resist much, obey little