[Elfsea] OT: Ok, seems my house is a haven....

Annwn Shona lady.annwn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 20:53:30 PST 2009

I got home today to see a _BEAUTIFUL_ female pit in my yard, patiently
waiting at my front door for anyone to open it. It was quite sweet, but
goodness! Again?!?! *lol*

I am calling this little girl 'Ginger' for it's old Hollywood glamour appeal
as well as her colouring. She's a fawn with white socks on two feet, and
leggings on the front, the feintest hint of brindle markings if you look
closely, and the sweetest red nose ever.

she's SUPER sweet, and all she wants is lovins. She acts like a puppy when
trying to play with other dogs (mine), so is great with other dogs. I would
happily keep/foster her until i found a place for her, but she has decided
that since my Tank is smaller than her, that she should be Alpha...and well,
that doesn't sit well with a 5 year old pit that is the Beta behind the old
man's Alpha. So there have been tense moments. I am keeping her crated, and
while she does GREAT in a crate, she is not crate trained, though basically
on the cusp of it. I wouldn't crate her at all if I didn't have the other
two.  she is also house broken, and wants to be a lap dog! ;)

I have put signs up, called vets, animal controls for all surrounding areas,
etc. I hate to take her to the shelter, as she is a pit, and they are not
allowed to be adopted by the public, so most assuredly she'd be put down.
Our rescue is not insured to handle pits, and besides that our program is
full. I have contscted a couple other rescues, but have either not had email
returned, or have been flat-out declined due to her breed (also have
insurance limitations) or because they are stuffed full, too.

I am looking for either someone willing to take her, or someone willing to
foster her. We can thread her through the rescue in a loop-hole, so long as
she is posted as a "private adoption"...yeah, like I said, a loop-hole.

I know I have been on the list twice since the beginning of the year,  and
each time things have either resolved themselves,  or another individual
stepped in, but I think I do really need your help this time.

I'll be having her scanned for a chip tomorrow, and if we are lucky, she has
one, if not, then I will have to come up with an answer soon, because I feel
guilty keeping her crated most the time.....
Please email me at shonao at gmail.com

Thanks guys...

-Annwn
(-Shona)