[Elfsea] Secret of Kells movie

eleanor cleavely whiteoakbard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 13:25:21 PDT 2010

Oh, I HIGHLY recommend this film. Sebastian and I saw it after it came out,
and the visuals are stunning. As a scribe, I have to admit I was salivating!
I wish I could go with you guys, but I highly encourage everyone to go see
it. Enjoy!

Eleanor Cleavely

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Duncan Hepburn <duncan at stormypetrel.org>wrote:

> There is an excellent *Academy Award nominated* animated motion picture
> coming to Dallas for a limited time release that I am trying to get folks
> together to go see as a group.
>

> Plot synopsis (from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_of_Kells )
>
> The story is set in the ninth century. Twelve-year-old Brendan is educated
> by his uncle, Abbot Cellach, who holds a firm grip on his nephew and expects
> him to follow in his footsteps. One day, Brendan meets Brother Aidan, a
> master illustrator who shows him the beauty of art and stimulates his
> creativity and fantasy. Finally, Brendan decides to break free in search of
> his dream: completing the valuable Book of Kells. On his journey through the
> forest, he has to face his biggest fears.
>
> Also, the movie has a website up at: http://www.thesecretofkells.com/
>
> This is an incredibly beautiful but simple animation style that still
> conveys the awesomeness of Celtic style.
>
> It will be playing at the Angelika in Dallas for one week starting on April
> 16th. I am thinking about going and seeing it that Friday, Saturday, or
> Sunday.
> If anyone would like to go with me to see it, please drop me a private note
> with how many will be attending, and a preferred day. No guarantees we'll
> pick your day, but will go with what the majority want. Depending on how
> many commit, I may buy tickets in advance and then request reimbursement at
> the theater, to ensure we all get in. This is not a demo, but I intend on
> going in garb, so it is "garb optional" for everyone else.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Duncan

http://eleanorcleavely.weebly.com/index.html

"Mine honor is my life; both grow in one;
take honor from me and my life is done."
--William Shakespeare

Ego existo obstinantus - I am resolved

Reluctor ultum , pareo parum - Resist much, obey little