[Elfsea] Webminister Office is Open for Bids

Daniel Varble djvarble at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 26 15:05:51 PDT 2010

Greetings!

As some of you are aware, the office of Webminister is Open for Bids.  We
are seeking someone who can take over the current administration of the
website.    Bids will close at the next month Elfsea Moot, May 24, 2010.

Anyone interested should:

Read the new Society Webminister's Handbook which can be seen at:
http://webminister.ansteorra.org/Society_Webminister_Handbook.pdf

Below is link to a copy of the email received from HL Marc-Antoine de Larue,
Kingdom Webminister.   This email outlines the new Kingdom level
requirements on websites.

http://www.elfsea.net/H_Important_Changes.aspx

In addition to the requirements listed in the above documents, our website
also involves some of these tasks:

.         Fielding general questions about the site from our members

.         Updating the event, news, location, databases

.         Updating raw web pages (like when an office is open for bid) when
needed

.         Updating for their Excellencies travel information on the event
(the calendar) database

.         Authorizing new members

.         Once and a while, open the SQL databases and look for member who
have been lockout of the log on.  Reset the logout flag and sending the user
them a form letter.

.         Likewise, open the SQL databases and look for members who
vscribe at elfsea.net did not receive (junk mail filter) a new member notice.
Authorize the new user and send them a form letter.

.         vscribe at elfsea.net is the catch all for any and all email that
bounces off the server.   Lots of junk mail!

.         Sign on to the server and update the .forward file when there is a
change in an office's email address or a change in one of the group forward
email addresses (like the finance committee).

.         Create any new web pages when requested or that you think are
important.

.         When we have any new champion(s), add there name to the list of
champion(s). Also swap in the new champion's name on any other web pages
were an update is needed.

Technology used to maintain this website can be found here:

http://www.elfsea.net/H_Tech_used.aspx

I have been your Webminister for over three years.    I've had a great time
and I'm really looking forward to moving on and doing something new.  Thank
you!

In your service,

Daniel of Cameron

Webminister, Elfsea